Student Transfer & Waiver Process

In District Waiver Transfer Requests

Tahoma School District resident students seeking to attend a different Tahoma school must submit an intra-district transfer form, available via the link below. Enrollment at the resident school is a prerequisite for submitting the transfer application.

The transfer form for the 2024-2025 school year will open up on August 15, 2024.  If approved, the new school will be considered the child's resident school for enrollment purposes unless a subsequent change is requested and approved.  Transportation is the responsibility of the parent or guardian. 

Link to Intra-District Transfer Form

Out of District Waiver Requests

This is called an out of district or nonresident choice transfer request and must be initiated through your resident/home school district. Most districts use this Choice Transfer Portal link. Contact your resident school district for how to submit the request.  Renewals are required to be submitted each school year.

Approval of requests depends on available space at the requested school and grade level and must be submitted during our open enrollment. Further information can be found on our board policy 3141 and board procedure 3141P.

Requests for the 2024-25 school year submitted outside the waiver open enrollment window will be automatically denied. Our next open enrollment period starts on August 15th. After submitting a request, please allow up to 45 days to receive an electronic response. If approved, transportation to the school will be the responsibility of the parent or guardian.


Transferring Out of Tahoma School District

Any student living in the Tahoma School District boundaries may request to attend a different public school district (including those operating state-accredited online programs) if space is available in the requested district and school. Requests to transfer out of the Tahoma School District are accepted and processed throughout the year. 

To transfer out of Tahoma, please use the Choice Transfer Portal OR complete a Choice Transfer Request form. Renewals are required to be submitted each school year.

Questions About Waivers?

If you have any questions regarding student transfers, please contact our choice coordinator via email at [email protected] or by phone at 425-413-3486.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.